We are looking for experienced Offshore Materials Coordinators to work for a leading Operator in the Danish Sector of the North Sea.
What does the work consist of?
The Materials Coordinator is responsible for the proper operation of the Material Management System. He/she is responsible for preparing the necessary requisitions for spare parts and materials based on the established minimum stock limits as well as keeping accurate records of parts and materials used, transferred, lost or received.
- Coordinate the materials and personnel movements with the Shore Base Expeditor.
- Coordinate the safe delivery of equipment, liquid and bulk from supply vessels to the rig and ensure proper registration in the inventory system.
- Ensure that all logistic activities are carried out with due considerations to both the safety of personnel and the environment.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with applicable governmental rules and regulations.
- Liaise closely with the Drilling team offshore engaged in the drilling/completion or workover operations.
- Reports to the Drilling Supervisor on the rig.
Tasks and Duties
- Ensure that drilling program as well as daily planning is known in order to anticipate logistic needs. This requires close communication with the drilling team.
- Liaise with the Shore Base Expeditor and the Drilling Supervisor to arrange for delivery of equipment to/from the rig.
- Organize proper storage of all equipment arriving to the rig to ensure integrity and guarantee future usage.
- Plan and coordinate with the Drilling Supervisor for timely arrival of required materials, equipment and service personnel. In particular, make sure that cargo manifests are as per agreed standards.
- Keep the rig inventory status report up-dated as per Operator requirements.
Who are we looking for?
Preferably, the successful candidate has a background in the Drilling environment is conversant with Microsoft products and has basic knowledge of SAP software. A minimum of 5 years experience in the industry is considered a must, with the majority part in the capacity in a drilling or logistic related position.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, possess good technical and communication skills and enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment where the individual is empowered within area of expertise.
- Education as forwarder/storekeeper/warehouse administrator
- General working knowledge of terminology and equipment used in the offshore drilling industry
- Proficient in Safety Management Principles
- You have a strong sense of detail, combined with relevant logistical experience as listed above. You have a minimum of 3 years offshore experience, for example from the maintenance section.
- Good oral and written English competence
The normal work place will be on Drilling Rigs in the Danish sector of the North Sea on a rotational basis.
Ensure that all documentation and information prepared and/or obtained in the course of work is handled in strict confidence.
Identify and suggest new working procedures and/or cost reducing measures within area of responsibility.
Develop and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues, thus ensuring an efficient and professional outcome in all matters and a good working climate. Ensure that in all matters, prior to decision, correct technical and commercial assessments are made, due diligence observed and initiative taken to secure the safest and most cost-effective solution.
WellPerform offers a wide range of career opportunities within the oil and gas sector for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies. We offer a competitive salary.
Please send your application and CV, no later than 18.06.2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Mette Torp Nielsen, email@example.com