The HPHT Domain Expert will be assisting the drilling services group of our Indian based client from well planning to post well reporting of HPHT wells to improve the efficiency of drilling project and complete the wells in lower cost.
The HPHT Domain Expert will work together with our Senior Well Engineers to provide support to the client within well design and planning for well materials, operation and execution, interactions with various consultants and coordination, including visit to rigs and sites, participating in meetings and representing the client in a range of specific advisory and assistance rolls.
The initial task will be familiarization with the nature, magnitude and intended time-frame of the client’s current field development challenges. This will be followed by a review of the organization, processes, procedures, resourcing levels, and skills/competencies currently in place for addressing and implementing these challenges. This review will identify the nature and extent of gaps existing between required and current status across all relevant parameters, and offer recommendations regarding how best to plug those gaps.
Once the gap analysis results have been discussed and actions agreed, the HPHT Domain Expert will work with the technical team at HPHT asset to facilitate implementation of those improvements as necessary for achieving the well drilling and completion goals.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Study internal processes & procedures and availability of resources & competencies. Analyse gaps and give suggestions/ recommendations for developing drilling technology including man power.
- Responsible in planning and developing HPHT wells at all stages right from well plan to End of well reports, well costs etc in consultation with the client.
- Study re-entry and previously drilled wells and propose well revival plans along with identification of required services and materials.
- Prepare and submit a design and program of future wells of six discovery area for purpose of preparing of field development plans of these six discoveries. Submit report on recommendations with necessary supporting evidences of proposed plan.
- Introduce new technologies and implement them after consultation with the client. Advantages of utilizing new technology should be justified based on efficiency of operation, safety & cost with necessary supporting evidences of proposed recommendations.
- To assist in framing of HSE related documents in drilling areas.
- Responsible in coordinating with various service providers in consultation with the Client.
- Review Technical Bid Package and suggest improvement in existing Technical Specification and Scope of Work sections of tender documents to assure that client is provided with equipment and services that provide lowest total cost and/or highest value and suggestions thereof.
- Offshore well site visits approximately fortnightly for some days and as and when required by the operations / client.
- Provide mentoring and training to local HPHT Asset
- University Degree Qualified
- Minimum 20 years experience in upstream E&P business within drilling and completion
- At least 10 years experience with HPHT Well Engineering
- Hands on experience with all aspects of HPHT well planning and operations, including:
- Project schedules and cost estimation
- Casing & tubing design, stress analysis, torque & drag analysis, casing wear
- Equipment & services (fluids, cement, tools, bits)
- Well control procedures and requirements
- Competent user of well engineering software like WELLCAT and WELLPLAN.
- Valid IWCF subsea supervisor well control certificate
- Valid BOSIET / HUET / Medical for going offshore
Place and Duration of Work
The HPHT Domain Expert will be based in the client’s office in India together with the WellPerform team members (Sr. Well Engineers). However, as and when required, the HPHT Domain Expert need to travel to site locations or other assets to interact with project team(s).
The duration of the contract is two (2) years.
For more information please submit your CV and application to email@example.com before October 1st, 2019.